WELCOME!

WELCOME!

This blog has existed for some years of bilingual teaching in our secondary school. Its purpose is to provide a space for language learning and to show the accomplishments of our students. News and useful resources will be posted periodically.

Este blog ha existido durante varios años de enseñanza bilingüe en nuestro instituto. Su objetivo es el de ofrecer un espacio para aprender el idioma y mostrar los logros de nuestros alumnos. Noticias y recursos útiles serán publicados periodicamente.

Monday 22 October 2018

A Greeting from Corinne Speckert


Meet Corinne Speckert




Hello all!

My name is Corinne Speckert, and I'm one of the Language Assistants at IES de Cañada for the 2018-19 school year.

This is an introductory post for students' and their parents so you can learn more about me.

I come from a small beach town called Santa Cruz that's located near San Francisco, California.

I have my degree in journalism, and a minor in Spanish - but, my Spanish-speaking skills are lacking (to say the least).

To prepare for my current position as a Language Assistant, I obtained my ESL (English as a Second Language) Certificate through the County of Santa Cruz. I also taught Spanish to a class of senior citizens for nine months through the nonprofit organization Grey Bears.

The subjects I'm assisting in at IES de Cañada are History and Geography, Geology and Biology, and - of course - English :)

It's a privilege to work with the students at IES de Cañada, and I'll be posting updates to this blog as the school year progresses.

Cheers,
Corinne

#loeches #Loeches

No comments:

Post a Comment